Congrats to Cheryl! You won the Pillsbury Prize Pack Giveaway!
I will email you! Thanks to all who entered!
What better way to celebrate than taking your family to visit a local apple orchard to pick fruit. Then, take those delicious apples home and bake the quintessential favorite – Apple Pie! It’s so easy when you start with Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crusts, which deliver the look and taste of homemade without the time and stress of making a crust from scratch.
VISITING AN APPLE ORCHARDTo pick the best apples for your pie, gather the family for a road trip to the local apple orchard to savor the flavors of fall. Not sure which orchard is closest to you?
Log onto tasteofhome.com/appleorchards to find a list of orchards that are planning Love the Pie! baking demonstration events across the country. While there, you can learn pie baking tips and ideas from State Fair Pie Baking Champions, and pick up recipes and participate in other orchard activities.
The best part of baking an apple pie is the memories you make with your family. Don’t forget to capture photos and videos of your entire adventure from your apple orchard visit to baking the pie at home. We’d love for you to then share your photos and videos with your readers by posting them to your blog and to Pillsbury’s "Love the Pie" Facebook page too! Join Pillsbury on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lovethepie and follow them on Twitter at www.twitter.com/love_the_pie.In addition, you and your readers can visit Pillsbury.com/pie to download a printable coupon for $0.50 off a package of Pillsbury Pie Crusts today!
BAKING APPLE PIES TOGETHER
After your orchard visit, get the family involved in making pies and other treats together. Pillsbury Pie Crusts are an easy base for your favorite warm apple treats. Simply unroll into a pie plate, fill with your favorite variety of sliced apples and filling, and bake! From orchard to oven, Pillsbury Pie Crusts make apple pie baking simple with delicious results.
Here are a few delicious recipes to help inspire your readers to create delicious, homemade apple pies!
- Perfect Apple Pie is the model of a classic dessert — a beautiful double-crust creation with sugary cinnamon, nutmeg and a splash of lemon juice. So easy to make, this recipe is great for beginner pie bakers looking for impressive results.
- Festive Apple-berry Pie is the perfect blend of sweet and tart, with a gorgeous color palette of golden apples and dark red cranberries. Use frozen cranberries to make this dish even more quick and easy!
- Topsy-Turvy Apple Pie combines two classics — apple and pecan. Invert the plate to reveal a gorgeous pecan topping. This is a dessert that both apple and pecan pie fans will “flip over”.
- Easy Apple Pie Foldover is a great solution for keeping the kids happy; a simple mixture of apples and brown sugar folded inside a golden brown baked Pillsbury pie crust. With four servings, it’s a modestly sized apple treat that is kid-friendly to make, and eat.
- Cinnamon-Apple Pie with Caramel-Pecan Sauce truly showcases apples in a clever presentation. Ready in just under an hour - each slice is topped off with a luscious blend of butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, pecans, whipping cream and vanilla for a saucy treat.
There's nothing we love more than a freshly made pie. With a large family, although it's not hard, it can be a bit time consuming to make a fresh pie crust. We decided to make two delicious Pumpkin Pies. The Pillsbury Pie Crust made my dessert for that day so simple to make and tasty to eat. I often use Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts for Pot Pies when I don't have much time. I love the convenience and homemade quality.
*Pillsbury sent me a Pillsbury “Love the Pie” prize pack through MyBlogSpark, which included a VIP coupon for a free sample of Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crusts, a pie dish, and apple themed kitchen items.All of these items are well-made and great kitchen items to have.
One of my readers will be selected to win the exact same Pillsbury Prize Pack!
How to Enter:
Required steps to enter- Follow my blog and also leave me a comment telling me what your favorite Pie or dessert is.
This Giveaway Ends 12/16/2010 11:59 PM MST, this giveaway is open to US residents only. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
The opinions expressed in my post are my own. The Pillsbury product and kitchen items were given to me by the aforementioned companies to facilitate my review.